DESIGN RESEARCH METHODOLOGY - RESEARCH

DESIGN RESEARCH METHODOLOGY - RESEARCH
29.04.19 - 15.05.19 (Week 4 - Week 7)
Maydeline (0335392)
Design Research Methodology
Research

LECTURES

Lecture 4 : What is a Critical Review?

24.04.19

This week, we had a lecture on how to write a critical review. The context includes on how In addition, the lecture also included on how to look for journal articles and scholarly journals that are related to our topic from different sites. 




Lecture 5 : - 

01.05.19

There is no lecture this week as it is a public holiday, but we continue on with online lecture.



Lecture 6 : Research Strategy (Quantitative & Qualitative)

08.05.19

We had a short lecture for our next task which is research implementation. Ms Jinchi and Dr Hayati explained on the differences between quantitative and qualitative research where those are the methods that will be used for research implementation.



Lecture 7 : -

08.05.19

No lectures are conducted this week, as the lecturers continued explaining and giving guidelines for research implementation.








INSTRUCTIONS


RESEARCH (Week 4 - Week 7)

Week 4

This week, we were tasked to find 10 journal articles that are related to our topic. For mine, it is about virtual reality so I went to jstor, Taylor's library and other websites that provide journal articles. I compiled them into one folder so it is convenient to read and we had to be critical and evaluate those 10 articles.


Fig 1.1 Journal Articles
Week 5

This week is an online class due to public holiday, so we continued doing our critical reviews. 


Week 6

After receiving feedback from Dr Hayati, she told me to be more critical as right now I have more summary than critics. I took the feedback and fixed my critical reviews to ensure that I have more critics than summaries. 

Week 7

Final submission :





Link : JOURNAL ARTICLES & 10 CRITICAL REVIEWS


FEEDBACK

Week 5

No feedback.

Week 6

Dr Hayati reminded me not only to review the research paper but also critic them and add pros and cons. In addition, Dr Hayati said that I should add more critical review since the article journal is quite long and also reminded me to write who review the statement because I didn't include that before. Aside of that, everything is fine.


REFLECTION

Experience

I noticed how challenging and tough it is to make a critical review but as we read and understand we become more observant critical towards the articles and we can judge if it's a good or bad one, the pros and cons.

Observation

I observed how some articles are good and some are still lacking which makes us more observant to review it as a critical reviewer.

Findings

As I was reading more about articles regarding my topic, I found most of the articles are important and beneficial as the information are related to my topic.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ADVANCED TYPOGRAPHY - EXERCISES

DESIGN PRINCIPLES - EXERCISES & PROJECTS

MINOR PROJECT