ILLUSTRATION VISUAL AND NARRATIVE - FINAL PROJECT

ILLUSTRATION AND VISUAL NARRATIVE - FINAL PROJECT
12.11.18 - 07.12.18 (Week 12 - Week15)
Maydeline (0335392)
Illustration & Visual Narrative
Final Project - Interactive Comic / Tunnel Book


INSTRUCTIONS



THE PROCESS OF INTERACTIVE COMIC

12.11.18 (Week 12)

This project is about Front&Back and Back&Front. This project is about conveying a story with depth, perspective and interactive to use. We were able to show the story using either a tunnel book or a web comic.

I searched some short stories and decided to take from the link that Mr Hafiz shared : http://www.gutenberg.org/files/2781/2781-h/2781-h.htm
I found this story called "The Beginning of Armadillos" which I found very interesting as it was about how the armadillo was born/formed. I read the story and identified the beginning, rising action, climax, falling action and ending.


Fig 1.1 Screenshot of story

Fig 1.2 Screenshot of story
Fig 1.3 Story Analysis

Here are some sketches that I've made where I drew the storyline, environment and background as well. 
Fig 1.4 Sketches of characters (Hedgehog and Turtle)


Fig 1.5 Sketches of Jaguar and Armadillos

Fig 1.6 Sketches of storyline

Fig 1.7 Sketches of storyline

I did some research of the jungle for the environment and also for the colour swatches, I wanted to use the colours as how my style for the previous project was. In addition, I wanted to create my web comic like a children's book where the characters are very cartoonish.


Fig 1.8 Mood board


Fig 1.9 Color Palettes



19.11.18 (Week 13)

In this week, I did some sketches and focused on illustrating the parts in Adobe Illustrator.


Fig 1.10 Illustration of characters


Fig 1.11 Illustration of trees, grass and sky in png


Fig 1.12 Illustration of grass, river ing png

Fig 1.11 Screenshot of process


Fig 1.12 Screenshot of process (Final Outcome)
Fig 1.13 1st Panel

Fig 1.14 2nd Panel

Fig 1.15 3rd Panel

Fig 1.16 4th Panel

Fig 1.17 5th Panel

Fig 1.18 6th Panel

Fig 1.19 7th Panel

Fig 1.20 8th Panel

Fig 1.21 9th Panel

Fig 1.22 10th Panel

Fig 1.23 11th Panel

Fig 1.24 12th Panel

Fig 1.25 13th Panel





Fig 1.26 PDF File 



26.11.18 (Week 14) - 03.12.18 (Week 15)

During this weeks, we focused more on animating our comic after illustrating it. Mr Hafiz recommended us to use Madefire to animate parallax so I decided to use that online software. At first we have set the pictures to jpeg and png. I transferred the characters and background to Photoshop to save it as jpeg/png.



Fig 1.27 Screenshot of process
Fig 1.28 Screenshot of process (png)

Fig 1.29 Screenshot of process in Madeira
After I got the whole panel into the Madefire I started animating by using effects and also adding parallax.


Fig 1.30 Screenshot of Final result

Here is the link of my final result web comic using Madefire.
Maydeline's Final Outcome Madefire

Here is the attachment of my final project sketchbook:
Final Project Sketchbook

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ADVANCED TYPOGRAPHY - EXERCISES

DESIGN PRINCIPLES - EXERCISES & PROJECTS

MINOR PROJECT