DESIGN RESEARCH DISSERTATION - FINAL PROJECT

DESIGN RESEARCH DISSERTATION - FINAL PROJECT
05.11.19 - 26.11.19 (Week 11 - Week 14)
Maydeline (0335392)
Design Research Dissertation
Final Project
Journal Adaptation & Publication

LECTURES

Lecture 11 : How to Turn Your Thesis into an Article

06.11.19 (Week 11)

This week, we had a lecture on how to create a journal publication using our written dissertation. The lecture notes were provided as guidelines to help us change our thesis into an article.


Lecture 12: -

13.11.19 (Week 12)

There is no lecture this week.

Lecture 13: -

20.11.19 (Week 13)

There is no lecture this week as we continue with our progress on journal publication.

Lecture 14: -

27.11.19 (Week 14)

There is no lecture this week but we had to submit our complete dissertation that we printed as a book and also journal publication.



INSTRUCTIONS





JOURNAL ADAPTATION & PUBLICATION

05.11.19 (Week 11) - 12.11.19 (Week 12)

This week, we had to choose three journals that are relevant to our research topic. I looked at some articles that I used before for my dissertation and also I browsed for more journals. Then, we were tasked to write justification for the three selected journals :

Fig 1.1 3 selected journal justification

19.11.19 (Week 13)

This week we need to choose our final journal and write justification for why we chose it. I decided to go with the Springer Virtual Reality journal.

Fig 1.2 Journal Rationale

26.11.19 (Week 14)

This week, I continued my progress at my journal publication and shortening some sections and rephrasing some sentences to reduce the words. I also had to reduce my abstract because there is a word limit at that section.

Fig 1.3 Journal Article


FEEDBACK

Week 11

Specific Feedback : Dr Hayati said that my book design is okay except that the angles of the rectangles are all different and to keep it consistent, then it would be nice. Other than that, it’s okay. In addition, she reminded me not to use the same image of the kid holding VR device and try to find other image.

Week 12

Specific Feedback : Dr Hayati said that the journals about Multimedia and Human-computer interaction is too general and when I suggested the journal called Virtual Reality from Springer, it’s relevant but I have a hard time finding the template.

Week 13

Specific Feedback : Dr Hayati said that my justification is too brief and I should add more strong reasoning. I could also write about how I couldn’t find the template. 

Week 14

No feedback was given.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ADVANCED TYPOGRAPHY - EXERCISES

DESIGN PRINCIPLES - EXERCISES & PROJECTS

MINOR PROJECT